Monday, May 17, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Summer is finally here :) That means Starbucks Black Tea lemonade, Jimmy Buffet, Bathing suits, Swimming pools, Sunglasses, and Sunscreen. And lots and lots of reading :)

Here are a few of my latest obsessions:


Blue and white antique teapot lamp from Michie's Tavern in Charlottesville...it was a steal and is now perched atop my bookshelf :)


A handful of the books I want to read over the summer...I've knocked out a few already (Kinsella's Remember Me?, Bellows's Wish, Crouch's Girls in Trucks and Quinn's Holly Would Dream are all spectacular without being intellectually tolling). I also need to get my hands on the complete Sherlock Holmes series and a few more Kinsella and Quinn novels.


FLOWERS!!! Our backyard is beautiful this time of year, so I'm really taking advantage of all of the photo ops, since every year we leave for vacation our grass dies while we're away.


I drew this on my last lecture for American Realism and Naturalism and thought I had thrown it away while unpacking, but later found it shoved under my bed. It isn't the greatest piece of artwork, but I thought it was pretty decent for a looseleaf sketch :)

Also, I have been able to catch up on a few movies so far this month, and here are a few recommendations:

The Philadelphia Story, starring Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, and Katherine Hepburn
All About Eve, starring Bette Davis (also, on a sidenote, it was Marilyn Monroe's first movie)
The Princess Comes Across, starring Carole Lombard and Fred MacMurray
Roman Holiday, starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck
How To Marry A Millionaire, starring Marilyn Monroe, Betty Grable, and Lauren Bacall
Anchors Aweigh, starring Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly

and, of course, my all-time favorite: Gone With the Wind.


xoxo e

No comments:

Post a Comment