Thursday, October 21, 2010

!!! NEWEST OBSESSION !!!


I've probably already bored you all to tears with the extent of my obsessions: Disney, books, movies, et cetera, et cetera...all of which I'm quite positive I've mentioned too many times throughout the course of this experiment I seem to be engaged in BUT...

...please forgive me for mentioning my insane appreciation for a good novel just one more time :)

I'm currently reading Furious Love, a biographical novel (it's huge) on the scandalous love affair of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. It easily trumps any chick flick ever made; the descriptive language of the author grabs you by the throat and doesn't let go until you're drowning in the grandiosity of a love that was so entirely over-the-top, so marvelously decadent in its nature--jewels of enormous size, yachts, gowns, minks, wealth, true Hollywood royalty at its finest--that it's almost unbelievable just how much you, as the reader, envy their passionate emotion.

The way it's described...there's nothing like it.
The greatest aspect of it all...or perhaps the worst...is that it's true.

Anyway, I recomment it.

And to that faceless face,
The one I wouldn't possibly try to describe,
I have something I'd like to say to send your way:

Well hello there mon ami...
I hope you leak a little smile the next time you think of me :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment